We developed our Governance Review to help Trustees and key staff improve the effectiveness of their governance and to ensure that they are compliant with current regulations in all aspects of their organisation’s activities. The review covers:
- The Legal Framework: are your documents in order; do you operate in accordance with your own governing documents?
- The Board: do the Trustees have the required skills and experience?
- Organisation and Advisers: are the responsibilities and reporting methods clear, effective and relevant?
- Policies and Procedures: are these recorded and do they meet the requirements of current legislation?
- Grantmaking: is your programme monitored, controlled and secure?
- Finance: can you demonstrate that your controls are effective?
- Strategy: do you have an effective strategy?
Trustees have a principal duty to ensure that their charity’s funds are prudently invested. Periodically they should review the situation, be satisfied that they have received appropriate advice and have acted upon it where necessary. We collaborate with the independent investment consultant Chawker & Co. to offer three core services to clients:
- Investment Management Reviews: A periodic investment review, undertaken by Chawker & Co, enables Trustees to have confidence in their investment manager selection, get better investment outcomes, better fee negotiation and meet their fiduciary duty to undertake periodic reviews.
- Trustee Training: To empower Trustees to make decisions and fully understand the rubric of investment we provide a fixed price half day package of training.
- Ad Hoc advice and Consulting: Chawker & Co offers flexible support to client Trustees who need advice, find themselves in conflict with their managers or need short term investment counselling.
To learn more about our services in this area, please email Johanna Tompsett at [email protected].
If your organisation is membership-based (for example a nursing school alumni) , we will manage data and subscriptions with professionalism and, because we take care of many organisations, you gain the cost benefits of our shared services infrastructure. We support members with sensitivity and professionalism offering befriending services for elderly members.
“The Trust Partnership continues to provide an excellent, professional, efficient and widening administrative service to the Nightingale Fellowship. Since The Trust Partnership took over the day to day running of our business arrangements, the Fellowship Trustees have been able to improve the personal service we offer to members needing support, benevolence and applicants for academic awards. In particular, the advice and support given by The Trust Partnership during the rearrangement of our Charitable status with the Charity Commission, and selection process for new investment advisors, has proved invaluable.”
Gillian Prager, President, The Nightingale Fellowship
We are able to operate your existing grants management software, or help you transition to a cloud-based online application management system (utilising SalesForce) working with our partners Issimo: http://www.issimo.co.uk.
Our sister company, Jireh Solutions, provides cloud based IT support to clients, as well as VoiP telephone systems: https://jirehsolutions.co.uk
Our senior staff, supported by a community of associate consultants, provide a range of consultancy support to charitable trusts and foundations, often running specific projects where clients do not have the necessary resources or full experience.
Programme design is a particular specialisation; responsibility for numerous grants programmes (both nationally and internationally) gives us unique insight into the best ways to fund. Programme design, application and assessment processes, and reporting structures all impact, and clients consult us to ensure they achieve the outcomes they desire.
As charity specialists, we deliver efficiency savings and timely results in event management, change management and strategic development.