We developed our Governance Review to help Trustees and key staff improve the effectiveness of their governance and to ensure that they are compliant with current regulations in all aspects of their organisation’s activities. The review covers:
- The Legal Framework: are your documents in order; do you operate in accordance with your own governing documents?
- The Board: do the Trustees have the required skills and experience?
- Organisation and Advisers: are the responsibilities and reporting methods clear, effective and relevant?
- Policies and Procedures: are these recorded and do they meet the requirements of current legislation?
- Grantmaking: is your programme monitored, controlled and secure?
- Finance: can you demonstrate that your controls are effective?
- Strategy: do you have an effective strategy?