We are The Trust Partnership. Our vision is to help charitable Trusts, Foundations and Almshouses to provide better informed, better managed and better directed funding and housing and to use their resources to the best advantage of all their stakeholders.
We are excited that we’ve not only been able to build a thriving business, but to do so on strong ethical foundations. The way we treat our staff, our clients and other stakeholders is important to us, and becoming a Certified B Corporation in 2016 was evidence of our positive impact locally and on the sector as a whole. We believe it’s possible to be a good business and a profitable one at the same time.
Job Title: Senior Administrator
Place of work: Our office near Tetbury
Hours: 37.5 hours per week with some evening work as required
Salary: £19,000 to £22,000 dependent on skills and experience
Main purpose and scope of the job:
The successful candidate will possess excellent organisation, communication and ICT skills and be familiar with maintaining confidentiality at all times. They will ensure the smooth running of meetings, prepare meeting agendas, take accurate minutes, maintain the effective Governance of the Trustee Board and be a principle source of information between their charity clients and The Trust Partnership. They will supervise the administration team and provide excellent client management support as well as cover for absentees within the team.
Duties and key responsibilities:
Working with the Foundations Team Manager to provide day to day management and support – ensuring all clients have the capacity needed at peak times or during staff absence.
Provide excellent Administrative services to clients and senior colleagues.
On-boarding – Support the Director to develop and implement client processes across the team for new clients.
Development of Salesforce, SharePoint and FormStack (online forms) systems.
Deliver an ongoing Administrator refresher training programme to keep the Foundations team up to date with clients and their processes and Charity Commission changes.
Work closely with the Director and Foundations Team Manager to feed back any development and infrastructure needs of the team (training needs, equipment, software).
As a Senior Administrator, you will build up a small portfolio of clients and be required to liaise with client trustees, grant applicants, recipients, residents and external advisors and support colleagues to ensure that a variety of key administrative tasks are completed efficiently.
You will be responsible for the smooth running of our clients’ activities, supporting colleagues across all our clients and working closely with key business associates.
You will be willing to take on line management responsibility if required and attend Client meetings away from the office.
Additional administrative support will include:
- Answering queries from our clients and the general public via dedicated telephone helplines and emails
- Liaising with trustees, auditors, investment managers and banks
- Assessing and processing grant applications using a bespoke database, sometimes to tight deadlines
- Producing agendas and reports for trustee meetings
- Raising payments by cheque and electronic funds transfers
- Working closely with external consultants and suppliers
- Occasionally traveling for client meetings as required
- Completing all other tasks associated with an administrative role
- Work as part of a friendly and caring team
- Lovely offices in a farm building
- 24 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank holidays
- Christmas shutdown
- Free parking
- Perkbox benefits (after probation) including free cinema tickets and high street discounts
To join us as a Senior Administrator, you will need:
- A high level of computer literacy, using Microsoft applications (essential)
- An excellent telephone manner (essential)
- Good organisational skills (essential)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (essential)
- Customer service experience (essential)
- A keen interest in the charitable sector (essential)
- A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle (due to our location)
- Experience of line management or leading a team (desirable)
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
How to apply:
To apply for the role of Senior Administrator, please apply by email with your CV and a covering letter to Andrea Cutler at [email protected]. Please note your relevant experience in your cover letter.