Based in Trull, Gloucestershire (with home working for part of the week)
We are The Trust Partnership. We are a fast growing and innovative social enterprise helping charitable foundations and almshouses to be better managed and to use their resources more effectively for the benefit of the wider public. In short, we are having a big impact in philanthropy and almshouse sectors.
We are excited that we’ve not only been able to build a thriving business, but to do so on strong ethical foundations. The way we look after our staff, our clients and other stakeholders is important to us, and being a B Corporation is evidence of that. We believe it’s possible to be a good business and a profitable one at the same time.
Click here to find out more about the role, including salary expectations – or read on to find out how your skills match the needs of our team.
Main purpose and scope of the job
We are looking for someone special to join our growing business. The successful candidate will possess excellent organisation, communication and ICT skills and be able to maintain confidentiality at all times. You will prepare meeting agendas and papers, support the Clerks to Trustees and be the principle point of contact for the grant making activities of your clients. You will provide excellent support to client Trustees as well as cover for absences within our team.
Duties and key responsibilities:
- To work closely with colleagues, professionals and third parties to ensure efficient and effective delivery of the almshouse management services
- To liaise with trustees, professionals and third parties as necessary
- To maintain accurate and up to date records on more than one database
- To assist with ensuring the governance requirements for clients are met
- To update websites and databases for client charities
- To hold a record of important dates and deadlines and to oversee that they are met
- To assist with resident contact and consultation including drafting and sending newsletters
- To assist with event planning where necessary
- To ensure invoices are processed for payment
- To implement policies and procedures, as relevant, and to be particularly mindful of best practice for safeguarding, data protection and health and safety compliance.
- To prepare the first draft of a meeting agenda, collate the papers, set up online invitations, distribute the meeting papers and assist post-meeting with matters arising and chasing actions
- To assist with regulatory submissions
- To assist with resident correspondence including licences
- To maintain the almshouse applicant eligibility list and assist with advertising vacant almshouses
- To liaise with almshouse applicants and to arrange interviews
- To assist with resident survey paperwork and analysis
Provide support to the team by:
- Answering phone calls and assisting callers to access the right person/information.
- Helping others when time allows.
To join us as an Almshouse Administrator you will need:
- Knowledge of working within an almshouse environment
- Experience of working in the charitable sector or in a local authority/public body
- Excellent IT skills including use of Word, Excel and databases
- Excellent organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to get on with people from a broad range of backgrounds.
- To be able to communicate in a respectful, helpful, polite and efficient manner
- To be personable and with a proven positive, willing, professional and flexible outlook.
- Integrity, patience, respectfulness and a kind disposition
- Ability to work within a small team
- Ability to work as a lone worker
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload
- Proven ability to respect confidentiality
- Work as part of a friendly and caring team
- Lovely offices in a farm building with some flexible home working
- Free parking
- Membership of an employee benefits platform
- Charitable Giving matching
- 24 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank holidays
- Christmas shutdown (included in above)
- Additional day’s contractual leave entitlement after each fifth year of service (up to a total of six days)
- Eyecare vouchers
Please send an email with your CV and a covering letter, noting your relevant experience, to Andrea Cutler at [email protected]
Applications will be considered on a first come, first served basis.