We are The Trust Partnership. Our vision is to help charitable Trusts, Foundations and Almshouses to provide better informed, better managed and better directed funding and housing and to use their resources to the best advantage of all their stakeholders.
We are excited that we’ve not only been able to build a thriving business, but to do so on strong ethical foundations. The way we look after our staff, our clients and other stakeholders is important to us, and becoming a Certified B Corporation in 2016 was evidence of our positive impact locally and on the sector as a whole. We believe it’s possible to be a good business and a profitable one at the same time.
|Place of work:||Our office at Trull near Tetbury but currently working at home|
|Hours:||30 to 37.5 hours per week with some evening work as required|
|Salary:||IRO of £18,000 pa FTE dependent on skills and experience|
Main purpose and scope of the job:
The successful candidate will possess excellent organisation, communication and ICT skills and be able to maintain confidentiality at all times. You will prepare meeting agendas and papers, support the Clerk to Trustees and be the principle point of contact for grant making activities. You will provide excellent support to client Trustees as well as cover for absences within our team.
Duties and key responsibilities:
Provide excellent administrative services to senior colleagues and some direct support to clients, where
appropriate, including (but not limited to):
- Processing grant applications using databases such as Salesforce and Formstack.
- Preparing agenda packs for client meetings and providing support at client meetings (attendance may be necessary).
- Liaison with grant applicants and beneficiaries.
- Implementation of processes and procedures to ensure that grant agreements are adhered to and reporting systems are actioned.
- Liaising with clients, investment managers, banks, consultants and suppliers as necessary.
- Assisting with changes to client websites.
- General administrative duties such as filing, post, file management, data storage and disposal.
- Liaising with the clients’ financial team.
- General administrative duties.
Provide support to the team by:
- Answering phone calls and assisting callers to access the right person/information.
- Helping others when time allows.
- Work as part of a friendly and caring team
- Lovely offices in a farm building with some flexible home working
- 24 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank holidays (FTE)
- Christmas shutdown (included in above)
- Free parking
- Perkbox benefits including free cinema tickets and high street discounts
- Employee matched charitable funding
To join us as an Administrator you will need:
- A high level of computer literacy, using Microsoft O365 applications (essential)
- Experience of working with databases (essential)
- An excellent telephone manner (essential)
- Excellent organisational skills (essential)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (essential)
- A keen interest in the charitable sector (essential)
- Customer service experience (desirable)
- Experience of working with Salesforce (desirable)
- A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle (due to our office location)
- To be motivated, focussed and keen to help with a positive attitude and attention to detail
- To be able to work on your own initiative
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
How to apply:
Please send an email with your CV and a covering letter, noting your relevant experience, to Andrea Cutler at [email protected]